Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Finished Tree Skirt

I thought I'd take a quick break from feverishly finishing up stuff for Sewing Summit to show you a finish from a few weeks ago.

Some regular followers of mine might remember the Christmas tree skirt and tablerunners that I had on my WIP list a few weeks ago.  Well, I haven't made much progress on the tablerunners but I quilted and bound the skirt!

Basting Christmas Tree Skirt
Laid out and ready to be basted

Christmas Tree Skirt with Dog Accessory
Why you never turn your back on a quilt when you're basting on the floor

I free motion quilted the skirt in a pebble design and bound it with a Santa's Workshop by Riley Blake Designs print in red and white.  I love it so much, I can't wait until after Thanksgiving when I can pull out the Christmas tree (we use a fake tree, not a real one) and see how the skirt looks on the tree.  For now though I just have to admire the way it looks by itself.

Finished Christmas Tree Skirt
Pebble quilted and bound!

I'll try to get some better pictures of the skirt once I get the tablerunners finished, but for now I have to get back to sewing for Sewing Summit!  Only two days left!

name for blog

6 comments:

  1. YAY! Maybe I will get to making Holiday decorations someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love it!! have a tree skirt on my list too but it won't be for this holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Have fun at sewing summit! Can't wait to hear about it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tree skirt. Have fun at Sewing Summit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...