Yesterday I read this post from Rachel at Stitched In Color and was inspired to make my own stacked coins quilt.
I've had some Tula Pink Prince Charming that I bought at the beginning of last summer sitting around. I bought it with the idea of making myself an easy quilt and when I saw the stacked coin quilt pattern I knew that I had found a winner.
So I cut and cut and cut. And then sewed and sewed and sewed.
And this morning I had this:
The thing that was difficult about making this quilt top was that I couldn't find anywhere online that told me how much fabric I would need. I guess that's just because it depends on how many prints you're using and what size you want your quilt to be.
I used 0.5 yard each of 7 different prints, and my quilt top came to 65"x 65". I cut my "coins" 8.5" wide with varying heights. I used almost all of my coins. I made a strip with a bunch of them to go on the backing when I get around to making the backing. I don't know when I'll finish it. I hope to use a sheet on the back so I guess it will get finished some time after I find a sheet to use.
And this one isn't a WIP but it's something small I finished up this week that I haven't blogged about. This past weekend my husband came to me with a sewing request and of course I couldn't say no. He asked for a pouch to go in his book bag to hold all of his computer accessories.
My husband is an academic and presents at a lot of conferences, so his computer accessories consist of all different connector cords and remotes that he needs. I let him pick out his fabric and of course he went for Melody Miller Viewfinder in Aqua (that boy has taste).
This is what I came up with:
He's happy with how it came out and so of course I'm thrilled.
Happy sewing everyone!