Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Baby Shower Cards...

I was recently commissioned by my good friend Lindsay to make two cards for baby showers she will be going to in the upcoming weeks.  She gave me full reign over what I did with the cards, she just told me that the theme for one was zoo/animal themed, and the other was ocean themed... and with free reign I had a lot of fun planning what to do with each card. 

For the zoo animal card I went through my various cricut cartridges and looked at what animal shapes I had.  When I came across this giraffe shape I knew I had found the one I wanted to use...
I added a tag with "little one" around the giraffe's neck and tied a bow to show that it's a gift for the baby.
I used paper from Anna Griffin's line for the backdrop, and with 3D scrapbook foam stickers made the giraffe stand off from the page.
 
For the second card I knew I wanted to do a whale theme right away.  
For some reason I find big cartoon whales to just be so fun and welcoming, I thought it would be the perfect thing to welcome a new baby boy.
  I had the idea to use vellum curls for the whale's blowhole, and I tacked them down with glue.
 
Once all the pieces were ready, I put the whale and waves down.  It's difficult to tell from the photos but the whale pops off the the card with the aid of my 3D scrapbook foam stickers.
I think both cards look very good together.  I hope the families enjoy them, I certainly enjoyed making them.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie - I can't get over how cute these are!!! You're so creative. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...